Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Unforgettable Day Part 3

This will be the last post of my unforgettable day...This post is my favorite because I get to talk about the gifts that I received for my birthday...



Birthday Card!!









Book to brighten your day given by Sher Mayne..Will share some of the funny stuff inside later..By the way, my dad thought that I bought this book myself and this is what he said

Dad: Wow you buy book to read ah.Very good..I'm glad you are starting to read

Me: LOL??

Yay, new bag







The tag that came along with the jersey, signed by my wonderful friends

NOW FOR THE BEST GIFT EVER!!!!!

NETHERLANDS JERSEY!!!! WEEEEE!!~!!



So cool~~~~~NEDERLAND!! DUTCH!



Feels like I'm wearing a medal - Feels like a CHAMPION



See the words there? Dont understand what it means? LET ME EXPLAIN

Wilhelmus van Nassouweben ik, van Duitsen bloed,den vaderland getrouweblijf ik tot in den dood.
=TRANSLATED IN ENGLISH=

William ofNassau am I of Dutch blood, loyal to the fatherland, I will remain until I die.

This is part of the National Anthem of Netherlands..The words are so meaningful

Like many anthems, Het Wilhelmus originated in the nation's struggle to achieve independence, it tells of William of Orange, his life and why he is fighting for the Dutch. (Stolen from Wikipedia)
(Sher Mayne, do I need to paraphrase this? I don't want to get SUED!)

Some of you might be wondering what does KNVB means or what is that..

KNVB stands for Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond which is the Royal Netherlands Football Association...

The reason why the Netherlands jersey is orange in color is because this color originated from the coat of arms of the Dutch founding father William of Orange-Nassau....(I think this sentence the grammer abit cacat...hope you can understand what I'm trying to say)

Ang POW/PAU from my Auntie or is it Aunty

Before I end I would like to say a GREAT THANK YOU once again to everybody who wished me and contributed in making this day so special and memorable

THANK YOU VERY MUCHY, XIE XIE, ARIGATO GOZAIMAZ DEIII

No comments: